Simulated Role Swap
The Simulated Role Swap is a feature of Maxava HA Enterprise+ that allows you to temporarily turn your backup system in to a simulated primary system for testing, whilst the primary system remains unaffected as Live Production.
(if you are having trouble viewing this video, please click here)
CAN’T AFFORD DOWNTIME TO TEST YOUR DR PLAN?
A simulated role swap provides the ability to test application(s) on the backup system without the need to perform a full role swap or fail over:
- ability to simulate a role swap over point in time data
- allows testing of applications on the backup system
- allows point in time data integrity checks
- pauses and suspends updates to the backup System
USE SIMULATED ROLE SWAP IF:
- you have not yet completed a full role swap
- you need applications available 24/7 and planning production downtime to do a live full role swap has been challenging
- you would like to test and verify data on the backup without the need to stop the production environment
- you would like to run through the steps to prepare for a live role swap
- you would like to test the backup system without moving users to the backup system
Simulated Role Swap allows you to test your application and functionality on the target system while the production system is still active. This allows you to gain confidence that when you plan and run a live Role Swap the target environment can run as the new production.
Simulated Role Swap is an included feature of Maxava HA Enterprise+
TECHNICAL INSIGHT PAPER
Learn More about critical considerations when evaluating HA/DR solutions by downloading our Technical Insight Paper